The Guild of Jewellery Designers Members' Public and Products Liability Insurance Policy
All UK based Gold Plus and Gold Extra members of the GoJD benefit from £5,000,000 Public and Products Liability (PPL) insurance through Royal and Sun Alliance plc.
The PPL insurance policy has been specifically designed for jewellery designer/makers and other craftworks and provides cover whilst the member is engaged in the following:
- The designing, making, exhibition and sale of jewellery and other craftworks and the teaching of jewellery and craft making skills.
- demonstration, lecturing or teaching jewellery or craft workshops.
GoJD Gold members with PPL insurance benefit from:
- a policy specially designed for jewellery designer/makers and other arts and crafts
- Worldwide cover (excluding the USA and Canada)
- £5m limit of indemnity
Public Liability Insurance in a nutshell!
Public Liability insurance protects the GoJD Gold member from legal claims for compensation from organisations or other people where it is alleged that the member has caused or contributed to an accident which results in damage to property or injury in the course of their jewellery making or craftwork practice.
Products Liability Insurance in a nutshell!
Products Liability insurance protects the GoJD Gold member from legal claims for compensation from other people or organisations for accidents, injury or damage to property caused by their supply of any product.
A product includes any jewellery or craftwork that has been supplied, made, altered or repaired by the GoJD Gold member but the Products Liability Insurance does not cover loss or damage to products themselves.
- Eligibility - Actively subscribing Odissa, GoJD Gold Plus and Gold Extra members.
- Become a GoJD Gold member - click here
- Display the enhanced GoJD 'PPL insurance cover provided by….' trust logo on your website or social media platforms
- Evidence of cover available to show event organisers through our mobile app.