**Please note that when joining Gold membership with PPL insurance, your policy documents will become available immediately to download in your member account area**
This is a summary of cover only. Please refer to the policy wording for full details of the policy cover, exclusions, terms and conditions.
ABOUT THE POLICY
This insurance is underwritten by a consortium of insurers led by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
All individual registered members of the Guild of Jewellery Designers who have paid the appropriate membership fee and comply with the eligibility criteria below will automatically be covered by this policy.
1. The member is a fully paid up Gold Plus or Gold Extra Member of the Guild
2. The member does not trade as a Limited Company, Limited Liability Partnership, Community Interest Company or any similar incorporated entity
3. The member does not have any employees on a full-time or part-time basis or engages any freelance workers on a labour only basis
4. The member is domiciled in the United Kingdom
5. The member does not trade out of a permanent retail premises other than a market stall or similar type arrangement
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This policy meets the demands and needs of individuals involved in the design and making of jewellery and other craftwork and also the teaching of craft making skills and requiring insurance against their legal liabilities to pay compensation arising out of injury to third parties and damage to third party property.
DURATION OF THIS INSURANCE
This policy will be issued for an annual period commencing 14/02/2015 and shall be renewed annually thereafter. The policy covers incidents occurring during this period of insurance.
**Please note that cover is provided for the full duration of your Gold membership regardless of the above date**
This policy is only operative while you are undertaking the designing, making, exhibition or sale of jewellery and other craftworks or the teaching of craft making skills.
You will be insured within Great Britain, Northern Ireland the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and while temporarily engaged in Business outside these territories, other than within the United States of America or Canada.
This policy will provide you with Public and Products Liability Insurance.
KEY FEATURES OF COVER
This policy provides cover in respect of legal liability for damages including claimant legal costs for;
• Accidental injury to any person
• Accidental loss or damage to third party property happening during the period of insurance in connection with the Business
The limit of indemnity provided is £5,000,000 any one claim (any one period in respect of Products liability)
You will be responsible for paying the first £250 of any claim for damage to third-party property.
Cross Liabilities (Member to Member Liability)
The policy extends to cover claims made between individual GOJD members, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy. Indemnity to Principals and Others
The policy will also provide an indemnity to any:
• Contract Principal
• Personal Representatives providing that the claim would have been covered had it been made directly against the GOJD member.
The policy will also cover Legal Defence Costs arising:
• from any prosecution of the GOJD member as a result of breach of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 or Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or Part II of the Food Safety Act 1990 or any legislation of similar effect.
• out of the defence of any proceedings in a Court of Summary Jurisdiction in respect of matters which may form the subject of indemnity under this policy.
Compensation for Court Attendance
This policy will pay the GOJD member £250 for each day they are required to attend court as a witness at the request of the Underwriters.
1. Bodily Injury to any Person Employed
2. Any use of any process involving the application of heat undertaken in any third party premises
3. Risks that require more specific insurance i.e. Use of Motor Vehicles, Watercrafts, Aircrafts etc
4. Damage to Property in the custody or control of the GOJD Member
5. Liability for breach of professional duty or inadequate advice
LAW APPLICABLE TO CONTRACT
English Law will be applicable to the contract of insurance between us, unless otherwise stated in your Policy's terms and conditions. The language used in this Policy and any communication relating to it will be English.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim, please contact Hencilla Canworth as soon as possible. Contact details are listed below. Please note that late notification can lead to claims being repudiated.
FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc and all other consortium insurers are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if they are unable to meet it’s obligations to you under this contract. If you are entitled to compensation under the Scheme, the level and extent of the compensation would depend on the nature of this contract.
Further information is available from
Financial Services Compensation Scheme 10th Floor
15 St Botolph Street
London EC3A 7QU
Tel: 0800 678 1100 Web: www.fscs.org.uk
DETAILS OF OUR REGULATOR
Hencilla Canworth Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Royal & SunAlliance Insurance plc and all other consortium insurers authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
The Financial Conduct Authority website, which includes a register of all regulated firms can be visited at www.fca.org.uk or the FCA can be contacted on 0800 111 6768.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
We are dedicated to providing you with a high standard of service and we want to ensure we maintain these standards at all times. If you feel that we have not offered you a first class service please contact us at the following address and we will do our best to resolve the problem:
Managing Director Hencilla Canworth Limited Simpson House, 6 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 6AZ Tel: 020 8686 5050 Fax: 020 8686 5559
If you are unable to resolve the matter with us and wish to make a complaint, you may do so at any time by referring the matter to the Compliance Officer at International Insurance Company of Hannover Ltd, L’Avenir, Opladen Way, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 0PE. Tel: 01344 397600; Fax 01344 397601
If after contacting the Compliance Officer you are still dissatisfied you may be able to refer your complaint to The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR (Telephone No: 0845 080 1800). Further information is available from them.
If you require any further information or wish to request a copy of the full policy wording – Please contact Hencilla Canworth Limited at:
6 Cherry Orchard Road
Tel: 020 8686 5050
Fax: 020 8686 5559